Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pinterest and Soap Successes

So I did get quite a bit of writing done Friday night while watching Pratical Magic and making soap. :) I forgot to take a picture of my soap so I'll have to upload that later. Luckily I made it all the way through the process with no exploding, and the final product looks like soap, so I think it's a success. We'll see in 4 weeks.

I did however take pictures of the garlic fries I made last night from a recipe I found on Pinterest. Every time I have made fries in the past they end up under or over cooked and just generally blah. I saw this pin on Pinterest though and decided that burgers and fries sounded good for dinner. You can find her recipe here. I made a few small adjustments. I added onion powder, because I tend to like it with garlic and I used dried parsley instead of cilantro, because that's what I had on hand. Because the parsley was dried, I also just added it to the mix before I baked them. And here's what they looked like:


I also finished part one on my crafts to make my entry way more functional. It is a picture frame, where you can change the picture without having to take the frame apart! I also found this craft on pinterest, and you can find the instructions here. I'm still making part two, which I should be able to add on Friday. :) In the meantime I will leave you with the pic of the frame before I added the binder clip.


I'm off with the hubby to a George RR Martin reading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment