Saturday, November 12, 2011

Art and Novel Writing

Apparently I am a terrible blogger as it has officially taken me weeks to update this...

I recently completed the 30 day art challenge and will hopefully get around to uploading the pictures soon... I decided to do mostly photography this year. It was a lot of fun, and I got some really cool shots. It was almost more fun though to see the photos afterwards and get to play with them with a photo editor.

I have discovered there is a big difference in the photo paper you buy to print your own photos at home. I started out with matte photo paper, which is basically like construction paper for printing photos. Unfortunately most of the photos I tried to print on that came out streaky, so I quickly gave in and found other paper. I tried buying Target brand photo paper, which served it's purpose. The photos printed on it and most didn't streak. When I ran out of that I bought some Kodak photo paper, and it is by far the best quality of any of the options I've tried. The photos printed, none with streaks, and all with much better color quality than the Target brand paper. /end photo paper rant

I decided to try NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this year, knowing full well that I probably wouldn't finish, but thinking it would help jumpstart my novel writing. Deciding to give it a try the month before my wedding was probably a bad idea, but oh well. Now that I know about it, I will make it my goal to try to participate in it every year. So far I have just under 1,100 words consecutively in one document with many more in journals that I need to transcribe to a document that will count them for me.

So far I have been using Word to write with, but am looking into getting Scrivner as I've been told it's much better for this kind of writing. I'll post an update once I've had time to play around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment