Monday, February 25, 2013

Word Count Challenges

So last week was very similar to the week before. And because I watched Beauty and the Beast recently, I am now singing "Something There" in my head... Yea this is my life.

Anyways.... There was of course more of the cleaning/organizing, and happily there was more of the writing. The hubby suggested it would be fun we celebrate at each of these general word count guides (and may help encourage my writing on a more consistent basis):

ClassificationWord count
Novelover 40,000 words
Novella17,500 to 40,000 words
Novelette7,500 to 17,500 words
Short storyunder 7,500 words


Unfortunately I forgot to check my word count this morning. It was over 5,000 this last week. :) I will post it on Wednesday with my book reviews for the week.


2 comments:

  1. I think that celebrating each milestone is a great motivating idea ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Michele! I'm thinking I might have hit my next milestone, but I need to finish typing everything into the computer. :)

      Delete