Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Beginning

So it's officially the new year. I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. The hubby and I slept in, worked out and then just hung out and watched a movie marathon. It was a lot of fun to spend the day relaxing, just the two of us. We went and worked out again this morning, seeing if our new workout schedule will work for both us, and will adjust as need be.

This year for New Year's Eve I continued a tradition from my childhood, and made cheese fondue for "dinner" by myself for the first time. The problem with French cooking is that I don't follow recipes... like ever. And I couldn't find one online that had exactly what I was looking for, so I mixed a couple together and kind of made it up as I went... I should have just stuck with something closer to my queso dip. The first attempt was terrible. It was too heavy and wouldn't come together and after over an hour of trying to make it work. I gave up and grabbed out a new pan. I used Coors Light instead of the fancy Copperhook, and skipped the flour the second time around and it turned out much better. Still not quite perfect, but I'll have to check my mother's recipe before next year to figure out what else I missed.

What did you do for New Year's? Do you have any childhood traditions you like to keep up?

No comments:

Post a Comment