Monday, February 11, 2013

A home purge and book review

Good morning-

Sorry I was out most of last week, I caught an awful stomach bug and only started feeling human again yesterday. But the return of health also means a return of chores. Boo!

The hubby and I cleaned out more of our closets on Saturday and went through all of our bedding. We ended up with 4 garbage bags worth for donation and 4 garbage bags worth of trash. It feels nice to get that big of a load out of the apartment. Next I'll work on clearing out all the extra hangers we now have!

Now because I missed it last week here are the book reviews from the rest of the books I have finished since my last book review.

So I read the first two of the Daughter's of the Moon series. They were nice quick reads, only about 300 pages each. They are definitely a little on the young side of young adult writing as far as the depth of the writing goes, but they have some violence and sexual themes that definitely keep them in the YA category. The stories are about teenage girls who are goddesses dealing with normal high school issues but, also receive a power from being a daughter of the moon goddess. They have to fight an ancient evil to help keep balance in the world, all while dealing with popularity and boy problems and finding out who you are. I would have read the third book in this series, but I got a little ways into the book, only to find there was a misprint and the book was missing about 30 pages.


So I moved on to the next book. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. 


When I was first reading the description for this book, I didn't realize it was a true crime novel. The author took some artistic liberties with the telling, but this was an actual murder that took place, while John Berendt was living part time in Savannah. I love a good murder mystery so I decided to give it a shot. I was a little disappointed that it was not as detailed as fiction murder story would be. It had more of a true life flow to the story with a couple of supporting stories on the side that turn out to have nothing to do with the main story arc. All in all it was still a fascinating story. If you enjoy true crime, I definitely recommend it.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment