Friday, January 11, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up

So, I had my first belly dancing class on Wednesday night, since I'm on this health kick, and I thought it would be a fun way to exercise (Really I just wanted to learn how to belly dance). Anyways, it's a six week class, one night a week, about the fundamentals of belly dancing. I figured it would totally be something I could do, since I've always had pretty flexible hips. One thing I did not count on was needing to be able to move my arms and my hips at the same time while WALKING! Considering the fact that I almost fell down the stairs of my gym after Zumba on Tuesday, I'm not sure this is going to be pretty. Plus apparently my flexibility apparently does not extend from my shoulders to my elbows, and therefore when I try to do the pretty rolly move, it looks like I'm just failing my arms for help. It's the ultimate rub your belly while you pat your head kind of test, and so far I am FAILING. :) Luckily it was only week one, I have to get better from there, right?

For my weekly wrap up, the blogging is still going well, noveling is still pretty much non-existent. We'll see how it goes this afternoon. I did decide to add a new resolution to my list: read 100 books in 2013. I finished  "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" this morning as my first one. I think I'm going to start "Maine" for my second book by J. Courtney Sullivan.

Do you have any recommendations for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment